Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First One...

I decided I needed to find a way to vent, without having to take it out on any one person, so I decided to share it with anyone who wants to read it. There are so many things that I have to say and whether or not anyone wants to read about it, its their option....So here goes my very first blog.


MARRIAGE:


Everyone these days are in such a rush to find "the one" and settle down and get married. That's all well and good, but for the most part, that's really not how the world works people. They say that over half of all marriages in the United States end in divorce, so why are babies getting married? Makes zero sense to me. These kids have been out of high school for four years (MAYBE) and they are ready to make a lifetime commitment to someone? No freaking way!! I'm sorry, being in love and loving someone are two very different things. Not to mention, most of these kids get married on a whim and not because they have taken the time to find out all the little things about the person they're making this promise to. I know I'm not the oldest person in the world, and don't have the life experience that some do, but "forever and ever" is a big freaking deal. Some say when you know you just know...That's awesome. WHATEVER! I'm not saying I don't believe in love and/or the institution of marriage, however, I do believe that that institution is sacred, and I personally don't believe in divorce. When you say "I do" you better mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment